Last updated on: May 23rd, 2019
Nothing compares to watching a sky full of stars before falling asleep. Fortunately, it is possible to create an unbelievable experience in your comfort zone with the best star projector. However, not every galaxy light projector on the market is worth your money or can be relied on. For this, we have researched this topic to find the best products for your money. Read our 2019 review to the end so you don’t waste a penny on a useless planetarium projector. You will find a list of 10 constellation nightlights and you will be able to make an informed choice depending on your budget. Before you start shopping like a pro, learn the best features to look for.
What You Should Pay Attention To When Buying star projector
Before you spend your money on a constellation night light it is important that you look into the following factors.
Use and purpose
Do you need a projector night light for your baby? Make sure it is quiet, soothing, and cute. For adults, you can take any sophisticated model.
Look for easy-to-use controls depending on the purpose of your starry night projector. When you want to put your baby to sleep, look for smooth and steady image projection. Also, consider a galaxy star projector with multiple color modes so you can match different moods.
Light bulb type
Star light projector ceiling use LED bulbs or incandescent lights.LED star lights are more expensive, energy efficient, and long-lasting while the incandescent one are cheaper but consume more power.
All starry night projectors can work on batteries (AA or AAA). Others operate on both batteries and electricity through a USB cable. Always make sure your batteries have sufficient power.
Ensure the material of your preferred star projector light is built to last and doesn’t limit the usage. When it comes to choosing a starry ceiling projector for your child, consider safe materials with no BPA, lead, latex, or phthalate.
When shopping, determine whether you want a star ceiling projection or a wall display.
If you have to buy a star lamp with sounds for your child, ensure it only produces white noise or a lullaby so it can soothe your baby to sleep.
Can I leave a star projector on all night?
Sure. You can leave any stars night light on throughout the night. However, you should make a habit of turning it off after every use to save energy.
Star Projector Buying Guide
Luckily, Home N’ Roll has done the tough part for you. We have researched and discovered the best star projectors. We have tried all the models mentioned here. You can rest assured of a great value for the money whether you need the best night light for you or your baby.
The Best overall Star Ceiling Projector
Do you need a galaxy projector for falling asleep without worrying it might work for too long? Here is a perfect solution. Sega Toys home planetarium projector is a high-definition and very professional space projector with a bright 3-Watt LED light. You will be surprised with what it can do – superb quality beyond your expectations.
- Size: 6.5″ x 6.3″ x 5.9″
- Weight: 1.76 pounds
- Ultra bright 3W white LED
- 2 reliable discs (Northern hemisphere)
- Double-sided poster- 17 by 26 inches
- Movement switcher
- Projects a whopping 60,000 starts with a shooting star function
- Adjustable angle and focus
- 59” to 90” projection screen
- Star projector for ceiling and walls
- AC adapter
- Convenient timer
- Lightweight, but sturdy
- Controls for different settings
- Projects stars on ceilings with or without constellations
- Sets stars randomly
- Blurred edges
Finally, you can bring a spectacular sky of 60,000 stars close to you and your loved one by a single-push of a button with a planetarium projector. With the original Homestar planetarium, all your stargazing dreams will come true thanks to the two realistic discs and the shooting star function that allows you to dream bigger.
Best star projector for young space enthusiasts
The latest Laser Twilight star lights for room comes with a number of upgrades which helps you fill your room with breathtaking sharp stars. With this star laser projector, you do not need to worry about blue cloud formations.
- Rotates slowly to mimic the earth’s movement
- 4-hour auto-shut off feature
- Star projector for ceiling
- 2 settings: clear night sky and drifting clouds
- No settings needed
- CW< 1mW FDA-approved
- The auto-shutoff feature prevents the laser from burning out quickly
- Power-efficient starlight projector. You get to use the night-light only when needed
- Blue cloud provides a more romantic ambiance
- Cannot be used by children unless under their parent’s supervision
Do you have a teenager or are you a college student interested in astronomy? We recommend the Laser star light projector. It is from a leading manufacturer that aims to produce creative products that bring the future of fun. Have fun creating your personal animated universe with this galaxy night light!
The best starlight projector for small rooms
This planetarium gives a precise view of 8,000 stars. The LED star projector illuminates a wall or ceiling and allows the viewing of 61 sharp constellations from the Northern hemisphere. With a Bluetooth speaker, you can easily connect it to your smartphone and play your favorite star-gazing music.
- Black color
- Measures 7 3/4″ x 7″ x 7 3/4″
- Weighs 1.5 pounds
- Projects 8000 stars
- A flexible head for optimal cosmic effect
- 1.8m x 2.2m at 2m projection area
- Built-in LED
- Starlight projector ceiling and wall projections
- Bluetooth speakers
- Quiet integral fan to prevent overheating
- A quiet whisper motor that rotates the images at 5 different speeds
- Requires 3 AA batteries which are not included
Use this laser star projector when you want to see a crisp and clear night sky simulation. Its operation is extremely easy but some customers complain that the price is too high for the value. It is perfect for relaxing as the day ends or creating a sleep-inducing environment for a toddler.
The Best Planetarium/Projector Combination
If you want to enjoy countless hours of exciting astronaut play and star-gazing, this Deep Space projector and planetarium will give just that. Want to know why every kid is talking about it? Check out the characteristics of this star projector.
- 3-slide discs with 24 pictures each
- Projects 16 constellations
- Serves as a solar system projector, night-light, and planetarium
- The planetarium features 2 revolving domes—one for projecting star patterns and the other for casting constellations onto a wall/ceiling
- A guide booklet
- Uses 3 AA batteries
- Recommended for age 6 and above
- Size 12.8” x 10.2” x 5.1”
- Weighs 1.63 pounds
- Projects 24 NASA photos in full color
- The planetarium allows stars to revolve around a room while doubling as a comfortable nightlight
- Projects astronauts, nebulae, planets, stars, spacecraft, etc.
- Gives an exciting astronomy and an astronaut atmosphere
- A comprehensive booklet is provided
- No auto shut-off
Do you love watching space with your kids after turning the lights off? It doesn’t matter whether it’s -10 degrees outside, you’ll have a nice time with the Deep Space Planetarium and night light projector.
Uncle Milton Star Planetarium
You are reading this review because you love watching stars and spacecraft. Do you want to experience a real planetarium? With Uncle Milton Star Planetarium, you can set a constellation for viewing regardless of the season of year or the time of the day.
- Measures 9” x 6” x 8.5”
- Weighs 1 pound
- 3-D virtual Stellarium astronomy software
- Extra bulbs for the stars on ceiling night light
- Bright halogen lamp
- Directional base compass
- Educational guide
- Web code for radio tour download
- Great for outdoor and indoor stargazing
- Low price
- Very light and compact
- 3D display plus added glasses that make the sky pop amazing
- The display is simple rather than realistic
This planetarium by Uncle Milton is a good option for kids and not adults. If you are looking for a perfect option, you might want to check another cosmos star projector to replicate the planetarium at home.
In My Room Star Theater Pro
Here is another home planetarium by Uncle Milton which offers superb clarity. Its next-level display demands a higher price but anytime you want to gaze at beautiful stars, the Star Theatre Pro is worth your money.
- Projects 10,000 stars
- 2 disc: one for showing the stars and another for the moon, earth, and the sun
- Motorized image rotation that gives realistic motions
- Incredible precision and clarity
- A futuristic sphere shape
- Adjustable focus
- Optical-quality lenses
- Super bright white LED lights
- 60/30 minute auto-shutoff feature
- Flexible projection angle
- Timer function
- One star theatre pro, one base, and one mini USB cord
- A futuristic sphere looks nice in any room even when it is not in use
- Sharp and thematically suitable design
- Excellent brightness and clarity
- Easy to use
- Not as durable as the price tag
In My Room Star Theatre Pro provides outstanding precision and brightness in addition to spectacular features. If you don’t mind spending an extra penny, it can be a wonderful home planetarium option. However, it won’t last as long as you expect.
Homestar Classic Planetarium
Like a spaceship, the Homestar Classic starry ceiling projector is fitting and when it’s not in use, it can act as a beautiful interior decoration when placed on a shelf.
- Projects 60,000 stars revolving around a peripheral motor
- 15, 30, and 60 minute timer and an auto-shutoff feature
- Adjustable focus and projection angle
- Two discs: for constellations and the northern hemisphere
- Shooting star function
- Additional discs
- Multiple options for projection
- Mesmerizing galactic design
- Allows easy operation
- The operation may be easy, but the instructions are not helpful
Homestar Classic is cheap yet amazing. You get to see a huge array of stars using it. Even better, the enhanced features make it easier to use. For instance, the timer will trigger the planetarium to turn off in case you’ve left it on. If you need a more affordable planetarium than the Sega Homestar Original, the Homestar Classic will serve you best.
Best Constellation Projector For Baby
The Galaxy StarBee is a great night light you can put in your child’s bedroom. It derives power from batteries and you can activate it with a single touch to project a constellation on the wall or ceiling. It will transform the space into a soft evening sky glow. From the built-in LED lights, the star night light projects individual hues and transitions softly from one hue to another. Let’s take a look at other important features.
- Size: 7” x 7” x 3”
- Weight: 12 oz
- Built-in 45-minute timer for battery charge conservation
- Manufactured from lead-free high-impact plastic
- Operates on 3AA batteries that can last 65 nights
- The surface is easy to clean and more hygienic than fabric-covered nightlights
- Creates a unique night light for a sleeping baby
- Multiple color options: yellow and black; red and black; blue and white; and pink and white
- A convenient touch-activated switch
- The stars are a bit blurry
The Galaxy StarBee star projector lamp is all you need to change your baby’s nursery into a starry sanctuary for comforting and soothing your child to sleep.
Best All-Round Star Projector Night Light
A comprehensive night light for kids is the newest projector by Hontry. It gives the perfect starry ambiance to trigger children’s imagination and creativity.
- Timer auto shut
- 4 light options- red, blue, green, and white
- Noiseless motor
- Glossy paint
- 4 functional buttons
- 3 lighting modes: color, rotation and night light
- Uses 4 AAA batteries or 5V DC power
- Timer up to 995 minutes
- The quiet motor gives a perfect sleep environment
- A great decorative item
- Easy to use with 4 buttons that correspond to their respective functions
- Serves as a night sky projector and night light
- Some past consumers complained of manufacturing defects
Your kid will love this cute and cuddly stars projector. They will be awestruck by its fantastic projection.
The Brightest Projector For Children
This is a multifunctional projector lamp perfect for kids.
- 360-degree rotating projector and night light
- LED timer and auto shutoff
- USB cable and 4AAA batteries
- 4 LED lamps
- 3 lighting modes
- Plastic design
- Less than 30dB noise
- Timer up to 95 minutes
- Easy to use
- Decent brightness and clarity
- You can set it to run for a long time
- Freedom to choose the power source
- The plastic material inhibits the functionality
Would you like to create a cozy atmosphere during your child’s birthday or a starry atmosphere for sleep? ANTEQI Baby Star Sky night lamp will do this in addition to helping your kid learn more about colors and improve curiosity.
What Is The Star Projector Night Light?
Hopefully, this detailed review of the best star lights projector has enlightened you so you can make an educated consumer choice. You will not go wrong with one of these 10 products. The star night light projector we must give the highest rating is the Sega Homestar Planetarium Projector. It comes with an outstanding movement switcher which triggers the rotation of the projections. Once you activate the function, you will feel your room spinning giving you an authentic planetarium experience. Overall, this is the best home star projector. Even though it doesn’t come with more interchangeable discs, you can always get separate disks at a fair price.
Don’t wait too long to check a laser cosmos star light projector if you want to bid goodbye sleepless nights.