An electric fireplace TV stand is a multifunctional piece of TV & media furniture that allows you to heat your room in style. It does not need any fuel and only requires electricity. You get all the pros of a fireplace – heat and comfort, without any cons. You do not need to clean any ashe, chop wood, or get your hands dirty with coal. Heat is generated with an electric heating element. The heat generated by a fireplace space heater spreads in the room evenly, unlike traditional fireplaces. The worry about starting a fire on accident is a thing of the past with electric fireplaces. They can be placed in any apartment or house and easy to remove if you want to change things up. Moreover, they are more cost-effective both in terms of fueling, building, and maintaining.
Types of Electric Fireplaces
There are four styles you can go for. The first thing you want to do when you’re buying an electric fire heater is to consider what type would work best in your environment.
Electric Fireplace Inserts
As implied from the name, this model inserts itself in a traditional fireplace. You install it in the existing opening, but plug into an electric outlet. You, however, don’t need a chimney, so the cost-effectiveness of electric flame heaters still stands true. More than that, you could buy an insert cheap. For example, a freestanding electric log insert that is simply a replica of wooden logs with LED-technology and sound-effects, creates a powerful illusion of a real fire and is easy to use. You need just to plug it in and put it in the fireplace.
This solution for a fake fire stove has many benefits:
- It’s a good way to make use of an existing fireplace opening;
- Is very affordable;
- Realistic look
But it also has a few counterpoints:
- Some types of fireplace inserts could be difficult to install by yourself;
- More elaborate inserts are costly;
- You need an existing fireplace opening, and it’s rare in modern houses.
Mantel Electric Fireplaces
If you are interested in space heaters that look like fireplaces of old, mantel electric fireplaces are your answer. There is an appeal of the traditional mantel appearance. If you add the fact that they are self-contained and you may plug it in anywhere you like, it’s understandable why people choose these room fireplace heaters.
Just look at all benefits you get:
- Easy to install;
- Doesn’t take up much space;
- It’s the most genuine looking fireplace space heater of all electric fireplaces.
- Adds a luxurious look to the interior design.
There’s also something to keep in mind while shopping for the best indoor fireplace:
- Not very modern-looking;
- Costs vary depending on materials, sizes, etc., and could be in an upper price range.
Wall Mount Fireplaces
If you looking for something that will save space as well as heat you on a long, cold, evening, it’s a jackpot. The main benefit of this style is you can be more creative with placement compared to other electrical fireplaces. So there’s much to think about when you consider a wall mount fireplace for a simulated fireplace heater.
You want to buy a wall mount fireplace, if:
- Your place doesn’t have much floor space;
- You want something that could be installed as easily as a flat screen TV;
- You like more modern-looking décor and furniture.
You may have to think about it for a bit, if:
- Less traditionally looking fireplace than other types;
- Price could be very high.
Electric Fireplace TV Stands
Your next best bet for saving space is an electric fireplace TV stand. It’s two things rolled into one:
- a stand to display your TV, with room to keep all your books, DVD-cases, photo albums, game consoles, and keepsakes;
- an electric fire heater that is also a great décor element.
Here’s what makes it the most efficient electric fireplace heater! You’re:
- saving space and due to its multi-purpose features;
- saving money on installing and maintaining a fireplace;
- able to choose from a variety of models and styles, so you can easily tailor it to your interior décor.
Benefits of an Electric Fireplace TV Stands
No matter which electric fireplace room heater is more up to your speed, some things are universal. Many aspects make electric fireplaces a desirable feature in any living room or office. Here are a list of most common ones:
- You don’t need to worry about smoke and fumes. It does not matter how romantic an open flame is. Fumes and smoke could make an unpleasant effect on that enjoyable experience, especially if you have asthma or sensitive eyes. With electric fireplaces there is no real burning so there is no need for concern.
- Electric fireplace room heaters are easy to maintain. There’s no need to clean a chimney when there’s no chimney and no ashes from burned logs, right? The most work you need to put into an electric fireplace is to dust it from time to time, as you do with any furniture.
- You’re saving money buying fireplace style heaters. Electrical fireplaces are considerably less costly than traditional fireplaces. You don’t spend money on building a fireplace. If you keep in mind an electric fireplace and heater costs only a fraction, building a real fireplace could cost thousands of dollars. You’re also cutting costs on maintenance and fuel.
- Electric fireplaces are all about energy efficiency. A fire under the mantle could burn very hot and bright, but to enjoy its warmth you usually need to be sit close to it. Electric fireplaces don’t have this problem. The warm air they generated circulates the room evenly. It is possible to turn the heat up or down so the most comfortable temperature can be chosen without going in debt over the electrical bill. There’s also supplemental heating that keeps the room warm only when needed.
- There’re many heating devices, but in terms of longevity, electrical fireplaces are the best. Rust or corrosion are not a threat for electrical fireplaces. You can use them for many decades to come.
- Anyone can install one. It doesn’t take much to install an electrical fireplace. It only needs to be plugged in and no remodeling or technical skills are required.
- A plethora of design choices. Home-owners can easily find an option , it doesn’t matter if they look for sleek and modern looking, or heavy, austere versions.
- Electrical fireplaces are the safest option for a home. There’s no need to worry about an open flame. More than that, the surface is safe to touch too because of how the heating mechanism works. Many electrical fireplaces have an automatic shut-off option to prevent accidents.
- You can use an electric fireplace no matter the time of the year. You can adjust the heat, making the temperature in the room comfortable. It doesn’t matter if it’s a cold winter day or a quiet summer night, an electrical fireplace helps create a relaxing and enjoyable atmosphere.
Electric Fireplace TV Stand Buying Guide
They come in many different design options with many additional functions. It’s a real quest to buy the best electric fireplace tv stand if you don’t know what you’re looking for. But don’t worry, because we at The Cozyholic know all about it and are happy to share the tale.
Factors to Consider When Buying an Electric Fireplace
- Design Style
Depending on what your room looks like, you can choose a contemporary-looking electric fireplace TV stand or a more traditional one. It you’re a fan of classical design, enhance your vision with the latter option. If you like to make statements with your decor, it would be best to use the former options.
- Realistic or Artificial Look
Sleek and Stylish Ameriwood Home Carson TV Stand
- Constructed from particleboard and metal;
- Long lasting LED light with 50 thousands hours of work;
- Option for turning the heat off;
- Realistic flame effect thanks to patented Exclusive Altra Flame built-in reflector technology;
- Accommodates a TV up to 70’’ and 135 lbs.
Beautiful and Energy-efficient Ameriwood Home Chicago Electric Fireplace TV Console
- 4,600 BTU easily heats up to 400 square feet;
- up to 50,000 hours of LED light;
- divided open shelf and 2 side cabinets with glass doors and 2 shelves allow more room for storage.
Warm and Homely Ameriwood Home Farmington Electric Fireplace TV Console
- adjustable power, flame, heater, and timer;
- remote control;
- will withhold up to 95 lbs;
- great stand for a TV with up to 60’’.
Simple but Functional Ameriwood Home Carver Electric Fireplace TV Stand
- AltraFlame built in reflectors;
- able to heat up up to 400 sq. ft.;
- can withhold weight up to 95 lbs., ideal for a medium-sized TV up to 60’’;
- remote-controlled, touch panel has 4 settings.
Elegant and Stylish Ameriwood Home Manchester Electric Fireplace TV Console
- adjustable shelves;
- touch panel has controls for brightness, heat, and timer setting;
- comes with a remote control.
Impressive but Affordable Ameriwood Home Parsons Electric Fireplace TV Stand
- you can turn the fireplace on without heat;
- withholds weight up to 120 lbs., able to support a 65” TV or smaller;
- simple but elegant design.
Useful information: What are the best rated whole house humidifiers
Compact and Reliable Highboy Fireplace Media TV Stand
- realistic-looking textured finish;
- 2 settings (heat on and heat off);
- Ample shelf space.
Warm and Welcoming Ameriwood Home Altra Furniture Brooklyn Fireplace TV Stand
- rich-colored finish with wire management;
- able to heat a room up to 400 sq. ft.;
- separate fire switch for summer days (you can turn it on without turning on the heat).
Practical and Stylish Black 58 Inch TV Stand with Fireplace by Home Accent Furnishings
- simple plug-in installation;
- adjustable/omittable shelves;
- crafted from high-grade MDF and durable laminate.
Read also: Best Whole House Humidifier | Top Deals
Triumph of modern technology: R.W.FLAME 36″ Recessed Electric Fireplace Heater
- 2 heat settings & energy savings;
- multi operating modes;
- three ways of installation;
- auto-heat kill safety option.
What is the best electric fireplace TV stand?
Electric fireplace TV stands come in various shapes, sizes, and color. Those options are important when you are choosing a fireplace TV stand, but are subject to individual preference. What you choose depends on the size of your TV, available floor space, and your personal design preferences. You can freely compare tge functionality of fake fireplaces. Here, the R.W.FLAME would win hands down, if not for one small caveat. It’s better used as wall mounted, built-in or table top device. For a TV stand, the best fireplace heater is the Ameriwood Home Farmington Electric Fireplace TV console. It has a remote control and touch panel. You can adjust power, flame, heat, and set a timer. The last feature not only allows you a more comfortable user experience but also additional safety.