Some time ago, espresso machines used to carry hefty price tags but things have changed. Thanks to new technology, you can find the best espresso machine under $300 on the market. If you can do without value-added features offered with premium models, we assure you there is an espresso machine out there for you. In our 2019 review and buying guide, we have outlined the best models from the most trusted brands on Amazon. From functionality, price, and overall quality, we’ll show you how to pick the best cheap espresso machine.
What You Should Pay Attention To When Buying Best Espresso Machine Under $300
Forgetfulness is a common problem all people have but an auto-off feature always has your back when making coffee while multitasking at home or in the office. It automatically turns off the hot plate on the cappuccino machine to not burn your coffee or cause an accident.
Programmable clock setting
The best espresso pump machines are automatic and have a programmable clock. This feature allows you to set a particular time depending on your coffee drinking routine. The settings also help you pre-adjust the strength of your coffee as well as the amount so you always get the same quantity and quality.
Sometimes you want a change from your regular coffee taste and this is where a strength/brew selector comes in. With this feature, you can regulate the brew strength according to your preferences. For instance, you can switch from medium to strong, or to light. The function is particularly useful when you need a bold coffee like an espresso. It’s also a great feature of the best home espresso machine where every family member prefers a different taste in coffee.
Like the auto-off feature, the sound indicator reminds you that a certain brewing process has finished. That way, you can turn off your home espresso machine in due time.
Fresh coffee requires freshly ground coffee beans and therefore, a grinder is an essential feature. The best espresso machine less than 300 on today’s market comes with a built-in grinder where you put the beans in a hopper usually at the top of the machine. In our review, you’ll find such perfect machines.
Exterior water level indicator
Water makes up 99% of the drink and it’s important to know the required amount used in brewing which depends on the capacity of the coffee maker’s water tank. It is very important to know the exact level to refill. When shopping for the best espresso machine, check for an exterior water level indicator.
Permanent filter basket
This is a reusable basket that allows you to make coffee without removing paper filters after every brew. With a permanent filter, all you need is to wash it after use and it’s ready for another round.
If you want to pour out some coffee before the end of a brewing process, you need to use the Brew Pause function. Consider this feature in your next best espresso machine under 300.
The Frother is available in most best automatic espresso machines. This feature is a must have if you enjoy foamy milk for your latte and cappuccino. The function of the frother lathers your milk through steam so you can get coffee crème and other coffee variations.
Types of Espresso Machines
Generally, coffee machines are classified as pump espresso makers or steam espresso makers. The former is the more common and they fall under the following categories.
Manual lever pump:
Like the name applies, this is an espresso maker in which you pump the drink with your hands. You cannot plug it into an electric outlet because it is manual.
Electronic pump espresso machines use electricity to pump the drink. All you have to do is set your temperatures right and let the coffee maker do the job for you.
In this machine, half the coffee making process is done manually and the other automatically. You start by grinding your coffee beans and packing them into the filter thenturn on the machine to make your coffee. Once the coffee is made, turn off the pump.
An automatic espresso machine requires you to grind your coffee beans and fill the filter which it then turns on automatically and brews the coffee. When done, it goes off by itself.
A super automatic espresso machine does everything for you. You don’t need to grind the beans manually. It grinds and tamps the ground beans into the filter. Then it boils water, makes it gush with high pressure, and eliminates any residue. Some top espresso machines in this category require zero intervention by the user but they cost more.
Coffee pod & capsules:
One of the most popular coffee makers is a machine that uses capsules and pre-packaged coffee pods. To make coffee with their help you just need to insert the capsule with the prepared coffee blend in the selector and wait for it to be ready. It is also the youngest of all types of coffee machines that reflects the nature of the 21st century with its love for simplicity.
How To Clean Espresso Machine
Cleaning is never an easy task when it comes to coffee machines. Note that every coffee maker is designed differently. TheCozyHolic has the best tips on how to clean espresso machine. Here we go.
- Always clean the exterior parts before and after every use to eliminate dirt and germs
- To clean the interior, run water through it and follow the manufacturer’s directions. Some pod espresso machines require you to mix water and vinegar and rinse multiple times to eliminate the vinegar taste.
- Dust off the coffee grounds from the grinder with a brush and clean after every use. The same goes for the frother.
- For all the removable parts, pop them in the sink or dishwasher. Use a soap and scrub. You don’t need to wash them daily but make sure they are taken care of regularly.
It is imperative that you follow the manufacturer’s instructions. You may buy special espresso cleaners but be sure to follow the above guidelines as well as the user manual.
Best Espresso Machine Under $300 Buying Guide
We have gathered a list of 10 coffee makers to help you pick the best espresso machine under 300. Our recommendations are based on user reviews and our own real experience with the appliances. For only $300 you can make your best cappuccinos, latte, espresso, and anything you want!
Keurig K155 Office Pro Coffee Maker- The Best Single-Cup Coffee Maker
Anyone who wants a fresh coffee can use the Keurig K155. Its ease of use is a big pro. With a simple touch on the screen surface, you can choose the right temperature and set it to your preferred coffee making habits. Going for $290 at the time of this review, see how else Keurig designs to impress.
- 4 brew-size options: 4, 6, 8, and 10 oz
- Brews 18 cups before refilling
- 90 oz removable water tank
- Full-color LCD touchscreen interface
- Drain and store option
- Incredibly easy to use
- Draining, cleaning, moving, and storage are made convenient
- Perfect for home and office use
- A straightforward screen interface
- Can create a mess when brewing K-Pods
Are you looking for a coffee maker that allows you to choose multiple brew sizes between 4 and 10 oz? The Keurig K155 Pro Coffee Maker allows that so you can brew to your favorite strength from mild, medium, to strong taste. You can enjoy a variety of tastes of coffee.
Technivorm Moccamaster 79212 KBTS Coffee Machine – The Best Small Espresso Machine
Here is a small 8-cup coffee brewer that gives you the opportunity to enjoy the best espresso ever. The auto-drip coffee maker is approved by SCAA so you can be confident it will make a beverage at optimal temperatures. Technivorm KBTS is the most durable petite espresso machine we have come across during our research. Find out why it’s worth the price of $299.
- 32 oz maximum pot capacity
- Polished silver color
- Weighs 7.7 lbs
- Metal housing construction plus PBA phthalate-free plastics
- Manual drip-stop brew basket
- Hand-operated filter stop
- Stainless steel thermal carafe
- SCAA approved
- Water level indicator
- 9-hole spray head
- Uses disposable paper filters or Swiss Gold cone filters
- Takes 4-6 minutes to produce a whole carafe
- The copper heating element that brews at 196⁰F – 205⁰F and turns off when water runs out in the reservoir
- 5-year warranty
- The heavy-duty copper boiler comes with a dual safety guard
- Maintains the quality and integrity of a beverage for up to 1-hour thanks to the stainless carafe
- A spray head wets the coffee grounds evenly to bring state-of-the-art brewing
- Brews hot enough
- An industrial design that may not appeal to all coffee lovers
Technivorm Moccamaster 79212 KBTS is relatively pricey but it is certainly worth the money. It is the smallest model by the manufacturer but is built to last.
Delonghi EC680M DEDICA Espresso Machine – Best Semi Automatic Espresso Machine
An easy-to-use coffee maker with a sleek design is what De’longhi EC680 brings to the table. You can finally obtain the satisfaction of a professional grade coffee for only $206.23. This machine reaches optimal temperature and pressure in 40 seconds – the same time professional grade espresso pots take to heat. Here is an overview of the Delonghi espresso machine.
- Auto shut-off
- Manual frother
- Stainless Steel design
- 15-Bar Pump
- 3-in-1 filter holder – one espresso, two shots, and easy-serve espresso pods
- Sleek design
- Uses espresso pods or coffee grounds
- Heats within 40 seconds
- Accommodates taller coffee cups
- Cup-warming feature
- Sleek profile with a narrow footprint on your kitchen countertop
- Produces barista-grade beverages
- Has a milk frother
- Produces 1 or 2 espresso shots at a time
- Lacks a grinder
Do you want to start brewing like a pro regardless of your beverage preferences? Delonghi Dedica espresso maker has everything you need. It produces authentic lattes, cappuccinos, double and single espressos. The Delonghi 15 bar pump espresso maker would also be a great buy if you need a compact appliance to fit in a small kitchen.
BUNN 13300.0001 VP17-1SS – Pourover Coffee Brewer
Don’t let the name of this espresso machine confuse you. Things are easy when it comes to operation. According to one reviewer, the BUNN VP17 is made of commercial grade materials hence it is worth the price. Let’s see why most users seem happy with it.
- One warmer
- Stainless steel construction
- Brews 3.8 gallons of coffee per hour
- Weighs 24 lbs
- Splash Guard funnel
- Highly portable and doesn’t require plumbing
- Protects you from burns with a Splash Guard funnel
- Brews in just 3 minutes
- A hot plate keeps your coffee hot
- It is noisy when heating
As you see, there are many reasons the BUNN VP17 Pourover coffee brewer has a 4.5 rating on Amazon. Form our research, we found many consumers like its solid construction in addition to the quality of the coffee it produces. While it is more expensive than similar models the$273.75 price is justified by the features. If you don’t like the noise it produces when brewing, consider de-liming the machine.
Gourmia GCM5500 – Best Capsule Espresso Machine
Not many cheap coffee makers give you the convenience to choose multiple settings. However, Gourmia gcm5500 is a 4-in-1 machine that allows you to brew coffee, froth your milk, and mix them with a push of a button in one of the 4 available styles.
- One-touch automatic Espresso And Latte Machine
- Compatible with almost all Nespresso pods
- Removable water and milk reservoirs
- Automatic milk frother
- 4 brewing settings: one shot, double shot, latte, and cappuccino
- Dual cup platform
- Easy-clean drip tray
- ETL certified
- Incredibly versatile and practical
- ETL certification guarantees safety and high efficiency
- The innovative milk frother heats and pours the exact amount you desire
- Pairs well with virtually any Nespresso capsule allowing you to enjoy flavor whether brewing a single or a double
- Issues with the milk frother suction mechanism
Making your favorite cup of coffee couldn’t be easier with the Gourmia GCM5500 in your home or office. You simply need to place your capsule and chose your settings to make a latte or cappuccino right away. What we love the most from this $227.65 espresso machine is versatility. We recommend it if you need a budget espresso machine to enjoy different flavors.
Nespresso Lattissima Pro- Best Automatic Coffee Machine
At first glance, you can tell all De’Longhi machines are built to last. It is no different as far as Nespresso Lattissima Pro goes. The best part is the automatic foaming feature which has been inspired by bigger models. Most pod machines under $300 use milk pods or wands for a frothy topping but Lattissima Pro requires only a touch of the button to make latte macchiato, babyccino, or cappuccino.
- 19-bar pump pressure
- Brushed aluminum finish
- 1.3-liter water reservoir
- 500ml milk carafe
- Smart sensor touch display
- Metal drip tray
- Thermoblock heating system
- Makes 6 pre-programmed drinks- cappuccino, espresso, hot milk, ristretto, tea, and lungo with Nespresso capsules
- Hinged Lid
- Hot water spout
- Drop-down espresso cup support
- The hinged lid of the water tank helps prevent messes
- It makes barista-style drinks
- The smart sensor touch display allows you to make great single-serve drinks
- Premium espresso machine Italian design
- Relatively pricey pod machine
We can’t emphasize enough the impeccable quality and design of the Nespresso Lattissima Pro. The features may not be the most luxurious but they are satisfactory, not to mention the extra capacity of the water and milk tanks. Note the machine is limited to compatible pods. Overall, we conclude that the $464.99 price tag is only fair given the features have been considered thoughtfully, giving the best combination denoted in most DeLonghi ec680 reviews.
All-In-One Espresso and Cappuccino Machine- Best Espresso Machine With Grinder
Of the all-in-one dual coffee and espresso makers, EspressoWorks Cappuccino Machine is the easiest to work with, even for beginners. As soon as you get it out of the box, you can have your brewer ready for use in only 45 seconds. Take a look at the amazing specs of the dual coffee and espresso machine.peeler reviews.
- Thermoblock dual espresso and coffee maker
- Stainless steel portafilter baskets with 2 options: single and double shot
- 15-bar pump pressure system
- Uses 1250 W to heat in 45 seconds or less
- Stainless steel milk frothing cup (12.7 oz.)
- Accommodate two 3.6 oz. espresso cups
- LED indicators
- 120V electric coffee bean grinder
- Removable transparent water tank (1.25 L)
- 7-in-1 coffee machine
- 2-prong power plug for both the coffee maker and the grinder
- Measuring spoon and tamper
- Great value at only $219.99
- The frothing device and removable drip tray are designed to simplify the cleaning process
- Efficient and fast thermoblock heating mechanism
- Easy to set up
- No burr grinder
If you ever need an all in one espresso machine to make espresso drinks with the quality of a coffee house, we recommend you check the Esspresso Works Cappuccino Machine. You can finally enjoy macchiato, espresso, americano, cappuccino, and lattes without a hassle.
Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma Espresso Maker – Best Pump Espresso Machine
Here is an affordable alternative to high-end coffee makers from Breville. We have tested it and can assure you the ESP8XL Café Roma doesn’t compromise taste. In our Breville ESP8XL review, we have found several qualities which give ultimate convenience and taste. Take a look.
- Stainless steel construction
- 15-bar pressure
- Thermoblock pump
- Dual filtering system perfect for froth and crèma
- 40.6 oz removable water reservoir
- Cup-warming plate
- Froth enhancer
- Removable drip tray
- Stainless steel tamping tool
- 1-year limited warranty
- Utmost flavor guaranteed by the 15-bar pressure system
- Innovative and easy design
- Dual filters allow for easy froth and espresso brewing
- The stainless steel material is easy to clean
- The filter can clog easily if the grinds have a rough consistency
It is important to note that the Breville Cafe Roma is a no-frills coffee machine. So you must take care of the finest details while brewing coffee. Don’t forget that the flavor depends on how you tamper the ground beans. At $209.90 the cost is worth the investment if you are willing to experiment with tampering. Overall, you can expect an exceptional flavor by the ESP8XL and the crema is simply good.
You cannot claim to be a true coffee lover if you don’t own a reliable espresso machine. The quality of your coffee plays an important role in your busy schedule, so you need an efficient brewer. We urge you not to rely on the lowest price but rather narrow down your search according to the features.
That is why at TheCozyHolic, we do the research for you and review products so you can be on the safe side when making a purchasing decision. We also analyze the current market prices before choosing items which offer greater value for the money.
In our review of the best espresso machines under $300, the 7pcs All-In-One Espresso and Cappuccino Machine has got our full attention so we make it our number one. It is fairly priced and comes with everything you need to make a professional beverage.
If you haven’t yet found your best Italian espresso machine at an affordable rate, you might want to check our Best Espresso Machine Under 200.